.

The Watch Man

By 


Eve
She was unhappy,
for,
her Adam was below her expectations,
he didn't agree always with her suggestions,
questioned her decisions and desires,
and differed occasionally;
she didn't like it,
but compromised at times,
which was against her nature,
she was used to get,
what ever she desired, unconditionally,
she had a strong will power,
and wanted to be the sole decision maker,
in her affairs.
She had prayed to God for a simple, plain husband,
who had a right, tolerant attitude, to abide by her dictates,
and she would reward him by being a homely spouse.
"He was OK," she thought,"earned adequate money,
yes, it was a basic necessity,
but life is much more,
he never remembers my birthday,
he takes me to movies of my choice,
but never gives me roses on Valentine Day,
takes me to resorts all over the world,
but makes me walk endlessly,
gives me money, whatever he has,
but avoids going shopping with me,
when I tell him, to clean his room,
he just starts hugging me,
he does not realise,
we are no longer newly married,
we are grand-parents now,
but how can a clean-maniac like me coexist,
with a cleanliness-phobic, who else but he?
What do I do,
for my peace of mind?"
Eve's friend
"It is so simple,
just a question of attitude.
He is to provide for your needs and your security,
and is to sort out your administrative hassles,
in day to day activities;
thereafter, if you have freedom of action,
be happy and contented.
Why should you insist on,
moulding him as your clone?
You are not satisfied with him, as he is,
he does not walk upright, is slouchy,
you want him to be just right, smart, sociable,
fit to be presentable to your kitty party friends.
Have you ever asked him, what does he expect from you?
When he requests you to show affection, to his parents,
do you speak to them or ring them, on your own,
wish them on their birth days,
or you think, it is not so important?
Do remember, if you demand a perfect spouse,
he too can desire the same.
So enjoy the imperfections of each other.
just relax,
live the life as you want to live,
and let him be around,
for your safety and security,
for,
in the present day world,
a lonely fairy like you is not safe,
without a personal, honorary security guard.
All you need is, an attitude change,
and all happiness is yours."

No comments:

Post a Comment